Dr. Norma Bowe has authored and co-authored articles as well as textbook and chapters in health education.
The Relationship between Sense of Coherence, Burden and Depression in Male Caregivers for Women with Breast Cancer
Present Research and Writing:
- Subject of “ The Death Class: A True Story About Life” Erika Haysaki LA Times- Book released Jan. 2014
- Changing the Landscape for Peace One Garden at a Time in Newark N.J.- this project is in the pilot study phase and data is being collected on 12 created gardens on abandoned lots in Newark. The research will also highlight issues of food deserts and social justice.
- Collective Wisdom of the Death Class- publish date 2014
- Journey of the Broken Heart: Stories from the Death Class- publish date 2014
- Be the Change Garden Cookbook Project- publish date 2013
- Kean University Research Days- 2010-2013
Publications (Last Five Years):
- Bowe, N. (2008) Perspectives in Community Mental Health. Kendall Hunt
- Bowe, N. Reviewer (2009) Understanding Your Health: Payne, Hahn, Lucas McGraw Hill Publisher
- Bowe, N & Toney, J. (2010) Lessons Learned: Sometimes “No Day at the Beach” Huffington Post
- Toney, J. & Bowe, N. (2010) Oil-Eating Microbes Have Appetite for Crude but Do They Have the Stomach? Truthout
- Rodda, C. & Bowe, N. (2010) University Group Raises Concerns About B.P. Oil Spill Contaminants. Truthout